The Technical and Scientific Review Committee continues to watch for new invasive species, discuss management concerns, and provide a variety of technical insights from across the Portland region. We also develop informational resources to assist land management professionals and cooperators in using the most effective, efficient, and least harmful management strategies.
Goals and Objectives
- Develops, reviews and updates CWMA invasive species lists
- Provides best management practice information
- Researches, discusses, and informs members of emerging scientific issues
- Advises planning committees on event planning topics and speakers
- Curation of the CWMA’s Plant List, a compilation of targeted plant species from around the Portland Metro area (A searchable list is also available for download)
- Creation of the Catalog of Weed Lists database
- Review and update of Metro’s Integrated Weed Maintenance Calendar
- Content development for CWMA Best Management Practice information sheets
We meet 4-5 times per year and maintain an email list to coordinate our activities. The email list has a message archive available for review should you desire to get up to speed on our activities.
We welcome you to join our efforts!
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please reach out to our Technical & Scientific Review Committee Chairs:
Chair: Michelle Delepine (West Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District)
Vice-Chair: Mitch Bixby (City of Portland – Bureau of Environmental Services)