The Mapping & Data (M&D) Committee puts your invasive plant inventory, survey, and treatment data to work! Our ultimate goal is to help reduce the impacts of invasive species in our area through coordinated prioritization, analyses, implementation, and communication. We envision a data sharing network made up of CWMA committees and partners, working together to provide increased access to invasive species data and maps relevant to your EDRR work. We promote data standardization and the use of various data collection platforms, especially iMapInvasives Oregon (if you’re unfamiliar with iMapInvasives, check out these handy iMapInvasives training videos).
We have defined goals and objectives focused on:
- Information sharing
- Improving data platform(s)
- Increasing data contributions
- Promoting data quality
- Using the data
New partner feedback is also very welcome. We are actively working on the following projects:
- Priority Weed Coordination (data review, map creation, and management coordination)
- Call-for-Data Weed Species (annual project)
- Maintenance and updates to CWMA Weed List
- Promoting and refining our Data Standards
- Supporting iMapInvasives Oregon and cross-state (WA/OR) data integration
- Hosting an annual information sharing session for field data collection and data management (check out 2020 Mapping & Data “Poll Together” Survey Results)
Please join us!
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please feel free to reach out to our Mapping & Data Committee Chairs: