The Mapping & Data committee puts invasive plant observation, survey, and treatment data to work reducing the impacts of invasive species in our area through prioritization, analysis, coordination, and communication. We work in collaboration with CWMA committees and partners, especially iMapInvasives Oregon.
We have defined goals and objectives focused on:
- Information sharing
- Improving data platform(s)
- Increasing data contributions
- Promoting data quality
- Using the data
New partner feedback is also very welcome. We are currently actively working on the following projects:
- Priority Weed Coordination (data review, map creation, and management coordination)
- New Weed Call for Data
- Maintenance and updates to CWMA weed list
- Promoting and refining our data standards
- Supporting iMapInvasives Oregon and cross-state (WA/OR) data integration
- Hosting annual information sharing session for field data collection and data management
Please join us!
–Jeff Lesh, Mapping and Data Committee Chair