The Education and Outreach Committee coordinates outreach efforts among weeds
practitioners from all four counties, co-creates outreach materials, and provides a space for sharing outreach techniques and learning from one other.
Goals and Objectives
- Facilitates information sharing outside the CWMA, with respect to new findings about priority, location or treatment of invasive species
- Creates online and print materials
- Establishes and staffs public outreach events
- Supports Coordinator in creating agenda/content for event
- Planning and execution of the annual Pull Together symposium
- Coordination of annual Field Day event
- Facilitation of outreach booth at the Portland Spring Home & Garden Show
- Curation of CWMA Urban Weed Fact Sheets
- Management and design of CWMA website, trifold display, feather flag, etc.
We meet 4-5 times per year and maintain an email list to coordinate our activities. The email list has a message archive available for review should you desire to get up to speed on our activities.
We welcome you to join our efforts!
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please reach out to our Education & Outreach Committee Chair:
Mitch Bixby (City of Portland–Bureau of Environmental Services)
Education & Outreach Committee Chair